A handyperson service for older people in Barnet and Enfield is run by Age UK Barnet. The service provides low cost, practical help to older people so they can remain living independently in their own homes.
All handypersons going into older people’s homes are carefully vetted by Age UK Barnet.
Types of work the Handyperson Service covers
The type of jobs the Age UK Barnet Handyperson Service does:
- Replacing light bulbs
- Fitting security equipment such as door chains, locks and spyholes
- Installing smoke detectors and alarms
- Taking down and putting up curtains
- Installing key safes and grab rails
- Minor repairs to furniture and moving and assembling small items of furniture
- Unblocking sinks and replacing toilet seats
- Fitting draught proofing
Work the Handyperson Service doesn’t provide
The Age UK Barnet Handyperson Service cannot carry out:
- Work that requires two people
- Jobs that require a qualified tradesman such as electrical, plumbing or central heating
Where can I find a trades person for work Age UK Barnet doesn’t provide
The Age UK London Business Directory is an online directory of trusted traders that have all been checked and vetted by their staff. Put in their search boxes the trade you are looking for and your postcode.
Loving Local is an online business directory of local businesses running since November 2008. It connects local people with local businesses and covers Enfield, Barnet and the surrounding areas.
They have a website and Facebook of over 17,500 members with over 500 Posts every month.
You can join our Facebook Group here
Get in touch with the Age UK Barnet Handyperson service
For an appointment or to find out if the Handyperson service can help you call Age UK Barnet 020 8150 0963 or email them
Other services for older people in Enfield and Barnet
For more about services for older people in Enfield and Barnet go to the Age UK Enfield and Age UK Barnet websites