Age UK Barnet requires a Handyperson. Is this you? Or someone you know?
If you know someone who has their own transport and tools, who could work a minimum of 14 hours a week to help older people in their homes this could be the role for them.
Age UK Barnet is a charity supporting older people, providing advice and services to help them remain safe and independent in their own homes. Their Handyperson service covers the boroughs of Enfield, Haringey and Barnet. All Handyperson are DBS checked and vetted.
The jobs carried out by the Age UK Barnet Handyperson services are:
- Replacing light bulbs
- Fitting security equipment such as door chains, locks and spy holes
- Installing smoke detectors and alarms
- Taking down and putting up curtains
- Installing key safes and grab rails
- Minor repairs to furniture and moving and assembling small items of furniture
- Unblocking sinks and replacing toilet seats
- Fitting draught proofing
The Handyperson service does not do jobs that require a qualified tradesman such as electrical, plumbing or central heating, jobs that require two people or any gardening or decorating. For these jobs Age UK Barnet signpost to other providers where they can
Full information on the Handyperson service and applying for the Handyperson role including the application form can be found on the Age UK Barnet website.