Handyperson service for older people in Barnet and Enfield

A handyperson service for older people in Barnet and Enfield is run by Age UK Barnet. The service provides low cost, practical help to older people so they can remain living independently in their own homes. All handypersons going into older people’s homes are carefully vetted by Age UK Barnet. Types of work the Handyperson [...]

Does a landlord need a Legionella risk assessment?

Does a landlord need a Legionella risk assessment for their rental property? Section 3(2) of the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974 (HSWA)  requires landlords to ensure that their tenants are not exposed to health and safety risks. The Control of Substances Hazardous to Health Regulations 2002 (COSHH) provides a framework of actions to control the risk [...]

End of tenancy cleaning. What is a professionally clean standard?

What does professionally clean standard mean? What is a professional clean as opposed to a domestic clean? Most people like to move into a perfectly, sparkling clean property but do tenants need to leave their property in a professionally clean state at the end of their tenancy? At Rosecroft Property Services we’ve done a few [...]

This is not an insulated cylinder

Uninsulated cylinders are becoming a rarity. However, they do still exist. For an Energy Performance Certificate (EPC), the jacket on a cylinder must fully cover the whole cylinder. If it doesn’t the assessor must treat it as uninsulated. The 80mm insulating jacket recommended for this cylinder costs less than £15 from a high street DIY [...]